Monday, August 22, 2011

Little Apple Box with MTC File

Hello all and hope you had a great weekend! Today is Bean's first day of "school." She actually does have workbooks, assignments, and will be bringing homework. I don't remember being 4, but I don't think I had that much responsibility!

For the first day of school, I wanted to "get in good" with the teachers, and this is what Bean will present them with:
I made little apple boxes. Actually, they aren't as small as you might think. They take the full 12" on the Cricut mat for a total cut of 12" by approximately 5" in width. I didn't do too much decorating on this one so you can see the actual box.
Here's a side view. It's all one piece with little tabs that are scored and glued inside. I did a little sewing around the apple as well as some shading.
Inside view to show the tabs and some of the assembly. I've already put these together with a little white paper and a bag of Hershey's Kisses tied with a bow. Once again, I had trouble with tag placement. Some people are so good at this, but I have such a block! So, I did without tags. I figure if it's handed to them personally by Bean, then they will remember it's from her.

I don't know if this box already exists out there, but I made mine from shapes here and there. So feel free to take the MTC file if you'd like:

Thanks for stopping by! If you do use this, I hope you will share your creation with me!

14 comments:

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Well this will definitely put her "in good " with the teachers... I wish I had MTC... super suer cute, and I love how you sewed around the apple, love the whole thing. I can't believe she will be having homework... at 4. I am sure she feels like such a BIG girl... I hope you are taking lots of pictures for her scrap book... hugs from Ukiah

Lorna said...

Love this. So cute and simple to do
Thank you for sharing it.

Four11Lady said...

Adorable! I am snagging it, even though I am not sure how I will use it, but it is so darn cute, I just have to have it! Great job!

Cheryl First said...

Oh, wow! These look fabulous! I think the teacher will be super impressed! Nice work!

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Totally awesome.....being a high school teacher, I didn't get these cool things from the students, but I loved my students anyway...haha I loved teaching!!! Did you say where you got the template?

Tammy said...

OMGosh this is sooo cute Lola!! What a fun, fun gift for your daughters teachers! I love it!
Hugs, Tammy :)

mamabluth said...

Thank you so much for the file.. My daughter in law teaching for the first time this year.. it will make
a cute little gift for her

MiamiKel said...

Oh my goodness, this is so delightful!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

This is adorable!!! Thank you so much for sharing the file.

Pam said...

Very cute! Thank you for sharing.

Christine said...

Absolutely superb little box....lovin' it x

Shannon White said...

Miss Lola, this is soo Adorable! what a perfect first day of school present! I am sure Bean's Teacher will just love it! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

P.S. Thanks so much for stopping by my Blog today!

Jenn Borjeson said...

What a wonderful project!

Rose said...

These are really awesome teacher's gifts Lola! I love the little apple box and I think I will make one! Thanks so much for sharing!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin