Monday, November 28, 2011

Cake Fun

Hello and hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!!

A great way to start off the week, a new challenge at Catch the Bug:

SILVER, BLACK & BLING

I'm using Dottie Cake which was originally meant for a birthday card for my DH but I didn't finish it in time. Is that typical of most card makers? No? Just me huh?

Dottie, from the day she came on the scene, has been one of my faves. She's so confident and sexy. I had some white with yellow flowers that I colored over using Copics, so I could match the cake. The layout is Splitcoaststampers SC330.

The shine really shows up on this one. I want to thank you for visiting and hope you have a great week!

This meets the following challenges:

7 comments:

Rainbow Lady said...

Cute card Lola thanks for sharing
love the colours scheme.
Love Cynthia x

Sandy from Ukiah said...

I am sure DH is going to love this. It couldn't be any perfect than it is... Love your color scheme... I always enjoy seeing your beautiful cards... When I leave I think, I need to pull out my copics.. BUT I don't.. You r definitely an inspiration.
Hugs from Ukiah

Sandra DeFalco said...

Lola - love your color choice, and what guy wouldn't love a card like this one!
Okay, chocolate jellies, they're jelly sticks coated with chocolate. I'm pretty sure you can get them at a supermarket as chocolate jelly rings. The better ones as sticks are sold at a candy store. Most of the time it's dark chocolate, but I think a candy store also has the milk chocolate ones, that's what hubby likes. I hope I described them okay.

Catherine said...

This is such a great card Lola ! One of my favorite images and you have coloured it so perfectly ! Hugs and love from Catherine

Cheryl First said...

Love her! Dottie is such a hottie comin' out that cake, don't you think?! lol!

Cassie said...

Haha, Lola, that image makes me giggle! I love it! Thanks for joining us for CIC40 :D

ElizabethR said...

Great fun image thanks for sharing at Rainbow Lady's Challenge. Elizabeth x

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin