Monday, November 7, 2011

Door Letter Frame

Hello all and Happy Monday. Hope you had a great weekend! Today at Catch the Bug is my turn to feature an ABC (Anything But a Card) project!

Today I'm sharing a little sign I made for Bean's door. I've seen these initial frames and thought I'd give it a go.

This is made from a cereal box and measures approximately 6" by 6". I cut the bottom square and covered it with Bugaboo Digipapers - Polkadot Flowers. Then I cut the top square to the same size and gave it a little under a 1" border and covered it with plain white CS. There are pop dots between the two layers.

The lovely Ladybug Vase is colored with Copics and also has glaze. The "L" is Cricut Cart Opposites Attract at 3 1/2" on regular and shadow, and I sewed along the middle of the letter just for fun. Again, more pop dots so there's lots on dimension on this!

Hope you like my ABC today and thanks so much for stopping by!

8 comments:

cardmaking bird said...

What a lovely idea and it's turned out gorgeous!! Not to mention the fact that purple's my favourite colour!! Hugs, Marie xx

Sandy from Ukiah said...

and purple is my FAVORITE color too.. this is just awesome.. i am sure Bean loves it. Love how you did the sewing around the L.. looks very stunning. hugs

Marlene said...

Gorgeous - I am seeing purple everywhere today, and it is my favorite color!!! Beautifully done1

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks, too, for visiting my blog. :)

Shannon White said...

This is Darling! Love the colors! Yay! Purple! 8-) Wonderful door sign! Love it!

Hugs
Shannon

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

I do not know how I missed this earlier tioday. So LOVE it! What a great , sweet gift to make someone. Ingenious! Thank you for the inspiration.

Catherine said...

What a fantastic card Lola ! Your colouring of the flower is stunning ! Love the colours you have chosen too ! Hugs and love from Catherine

Tina said...

i agree very girly and beautiful

Tina

Jenn Borjeson said...

Lola, this is gorgeous!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin